background

Monday, December 21, 2009

While Others March to the Beat of a Different Drum



I love the Christmas season, especially the holiday concerts, don't you? You get to see your kid up on stage, doing something that (most) would NEVER do on their own. It was Karli's year to be up there with her choir class. She dodges the camera continuously, but she couldn't avoid it this time!


I especially love this: The teacher said that you must wear a white shirt and black pants or skirt. Karli didn't have any black pants so she had to wear the skirt-a near death experience. But you know, the teacher said nothing about the shoes. Although I packed the nice shoes in her bag, the polka -dotted brown tennies mysteriously made their way onto her feet. ( Note the feet at the end). However, as the picture details the silent shoe rebellion, another set of toes decided to don the similar fair.But hey, at least the kid had red and green socks on, right?




Why is it that when we are Karli's age we love to be just a little bit different, but lose that later? Or at least I have. How many of us are so quick to want to fit in, to be like everyone else, when really, everyone else is just trying to be like everyone else, and really, who is it that we are then following? I mean, really?!
Maybe I need to buy me some polka-dotted brown tennies.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh so I can wear tennis shoes in Africa with my skirts?!? Jk. Good point! And I love that picture soo much haha. :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite post yet!

Anonymous said...

Karli, this is your teacher commenting. I was so busy listening to your beautiful voice I didn't notice your rebellious shoes. I'ts a good thing I love you just the way you are!

Blog Archive