background

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Audition, Part I

About a couple of weeks ago Karli decided that she wanted to try out for our town's theater production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. So, she promptly gathered two of her closest friends and convinced them that they needed to as well.Hey, what are friends for, right?



The other mom's were a little concerned about this. What if they got a part? Do you have any idea how much time and work you have to dedicate to a play? But I was able to reassure them that there are lots of kids with tons of talent that woudl be trying out, so their chances would be slim. I was even wondering if Karli would have the nerve to step up on the big stage. "I just want to encourage the kids to do something brave like this." The wise me reassuringly said. "They have little theater experience, and will be competing for a part against other kids that have been doing this for a loooooong time." Silly me.



So, the girls had to first learn a dance routine...






The dance instructor quickly taught them the routine, going through it a couple of times, then had them do it on their own.









No comments:

Blog Archive