background

Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Need of Paper White Lilies








I'm in need of paper white lilies,


unbending beneath steel-lined clouds


that bow to fertile Earth,


and life giving burial grounds.











Endless gray misty mornings


that stretch into the night;


I appraise a sleepy world,


I gaze on the gauze filled sight.









I'm in need of paper white lilies,


whose crowned heads come burgeoning forth


from a quiet slumbering bed,


like a resurrected corpse.








This birth from decaying blanket,


whose fragrance fills the air


and pushes away woolen complacency


that is evident there.







I'm in need of paper white lilies,


that burst up from underground


released from cold, quiet stillness


and unleashes hope from its bounds.



(I love you, Spring!)





2 comments:

Phil said...

That was beautiful! *sniff* *sniff*

Lindsey said...

Mommy, please post something new. The End.

P.S. I love you.

Blog Archive