background

Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year Mantra and Dreams of Spring

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.

If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your life."


-Author unknown


My new mantra-even though it's just way too long for my pea brain to remember, but at least I'll try to honor the spirit of it in my life. And isn't it worth that? There was a time when I would have disagreed with some of it; about the forgetting about the ones who don't treat you right. I would have argued that I need to love and care for all, even those who don't like me. But how silly! Life is too short for that, and really, can we all get along all the time? Neah.



On another note, I'm ready for spring! Aren't you? Really, how many of us say, "Wow, this cold, drenching gale that soaked me right through my coat is sooooo exhilarating!" or, "Just LOVE the mud that your stinkin' shoes just brought in! Thanks so much for sharin', Hun!!!"

And don't my pictures below make you long to go on a long hike and enjoy the sun and warm wind? Oh, to wear shorts again!Oh, to be rid of chapped, dry hands!Oh, to banish that wet dog smell from my house!!!!



















The pictures are of my favorite place to run and walk. Want to know where it is? Too bad, I want MY beloved bluff to myself, thank you very much. Go find your own.

1 comment:

char said...

I agreed with your new mantras.

Blog Archive